SRH University Heidelberg is one of the prestigious private universities in Germany. Founded in 1969, it is home to 3400 students, including both domestic and international students. As one of the oldest, it is on the list of most preferred universities in Germany for courses in engineering, arts and social sciences.
For nearly five decades, SRH University Heidelberg, Germany† is known for its close-knit network of global education centers, research institutes and universities around the world. The broad network enables students to gain exposure in the industry and academic excellence in their subjects. The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs to students.
Courses and programs are taught in both English and German. There are external and internal financing options for students to reduce study costs.
The SRH University Heidelberg acceptance rate is 70%. If you are interested in being a part of this prestigious university in Germany, here’s everything you need to know.
History of SRH University Heidelberg
Founded in 1969, SRH University Heidelberg is one of the oldest and largest private universities in Germany. In 1969 it was only open for professional rehabilitation of people with disabilities. However, in 1991 it was opened to domestic and international students.
Education at SRH University Heidelberg
More than 40 programs are available in fields such as engineering, therapy, law, design, media, business, psychology and architecture at SRH University Heidelberg, Germany.
Many renowned visiting professors from different countries are regularly invited to transfer their knowledge to all faculties. The student-teacher ratio is well-balanced, making it one of the best ways to get equal attention and concentration throughout the course.
Students can enroll in part-time, full-time, and online certification courses and programs. There are a total of six faculties and more than 65 degree programs for which students can enroll. Technical and scientific courses and programs are all well integrated with research and scientific methodology.
USPs of SRH University Heidelberg
- The SRH University Heidelberg is a strong network of eight colleges in Germany.
- The SRH University Heidelberg offers award-winning internationally recognized degree programs.
- In the year 2003, SRH University Heidelberg was the only German university to undergo the Wissenschaftsrat institutional accreditation procedure.
- The SRH University Heidelberg has a system accredited German Accreditation Board that offers an excellent degree of quality that comes with a guarantee of worldwide recognition.
- The university is well built with a modern and advanced library, computer centers and research institute for delivering the best educational experience.
The university offers globally accredited ranked courses and programs that qualify students for high paying jobs. The German market is very lucrative and the post-graduate work permit allows students to get lucrative career opportunities. Students get the chance to work with the best employers in the industry. Here are some of the best career options for students after course completion:
- Psychologist: INR 40 Lakh
- Professor: INR 85 Lakh
- Systems Analyst: INR 62.9 Lakh
- Systems Engineer: INR 64.3 Lakh
- Portfolio Manager: INR 71.80 Lakh
- Network Engineer – INR 64.35 Lakh
- Information Security Manager: INR 84.04 Lakh
- ERP Project Manager – INR 88.58 Lakh
- HR Manager: INR 71.8 Lakh
- Biophysicist: INR 67.2 Lakh
- Surgeon General: INR 92.66 Lakh
- Natural Science Expert: INR 72.6 Lakh
- Research in Surgery: INR 110.4 Lakh
- Research Faculty: INR 48.2 Lakh
- Full Stack Developer: INR 66.77 Lakh
- PHP Development: INR 78.21. Lakh
- Operations Manager: INR 65.4 Lakh
- Quality Analyst: INR 67.2 Lakh
- DevOps Engineer: INR 59.2 Lakh
- Web Developer: INR 56.5 Lakh
- Astrophysics: INR 73.45 Lakh
- Software Developer: INR 82.40 Lakh
- Electrical Engineer: INR 54.9 Lakh
- Researcher: INR 101.2 lakh
- Scientist: INR 91.3 Lakh
- IT Consultant: INR 56.9 Lakh
- Market Researcher: INR 73.4 Lakh
- Hardware Developer: INR 69.4 Lakh
- Product Specialist: INR 81 Lakh
- Physicist: INR 89.40 lakh
- Civil Engineer: INR 58.4 Lakh
- Android Developer: INR 56.9 Lakh
The address of SRH University Heidelberg is Ludwig-Guttmann-Straße 6, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
SRH University Heidelberg is one of the largest and oldest private universities in Germany.
SRH University Heidelberg: Rankings
As one of the oldest and largest private universities in Germany, SRH University Heidelberg has a prestigious ranking according to the World University Ranking given by various indexes. It is one of the most valuable educational institutions in Germany inviting international students to internationally ranked accredited programs and courses. Check out the latest World University rankings:
- Ranked number 3 in Germany, number 17 in Europe and number 66 in the world according to QS World University Ranking 2021.
- Ranked as number 3 in Germany, number 13 in Europe and number 44 in the world according to Times Higher Education 2020.
Best Offered Courses and SRH University Heidelberg Fees
The university has some of the top-ranked faculties and specializations that offer the students the opportunity to enroll in top-ranked courses and programs. The specialized field of study is mainly around technology and science. Let’s take a look at the cost structure, as well as some of the most popular courses, along with the application fee and administrative fees that apply.
One-time registration fee for non-European students is €750 – €1000 (INR 63488.95 – INR 84651.93); for academic leave, the administration costs are €50 (INR 4229.50).
Tuition fee structure per semester
- Architecture (Master of Arts): €690 (INR 58336.74)
- Big Data and Business Analytics (Master of Science): €790 (INR 66791.34)
- Doing business internationally: €670 (INR 56645.82)
- Dance Movement Therapy (Master of Arts): €690 (INR 58336.74)
- Global Business Leadership (Master of Arts): €770 (INR 65069.18)
- Information Technology (Master of Engineering): €770 (INR 65069.18)
- International Business and Engineering (Master of Engineering): €770 (INR 65069.18)
- International Management and Leadership: (Master of Arts): €770 (INR 65069.18)
- Music Therapy (Master of Arts): €690 (INR 58313.44)
SRH University Heidelberg Exam Requirements
English Proficiency Test: International students for all English language courses and programs are required to submit the English Proficiency Test scores. The accepted tests are IELTS, TOEFL, Duolingo and PTE. For IELTS, the minimum score requirement is 6.5, TOEFL is 80, Duolingo is 95, and PTE Academic is 58.
German language proficiency test: Since the university has taught the majority of the programs in the German language, it is important to take the German language proficiency test. Students are only eligible for admission to the German language courses with language proficiency only. The students must take one of the following tests:
- Test DaF Level TDN 4
- DSH 2 or 3
- C1 of the Goethe Institute
- German language proficiency test included in “Studienkolleg”
- DSD II
Source: Bharat in Germany
Admission Requirements SRH University Heidelberg
In order to successfully apply for courses and programs it is very important that international students meet the admission requirements. Admission is based entirely on merit test scores and other criteria as listed below.
- All academic records and transcripts must be in original copy translated into English or German. The translation may only be done by officials of the legal authority.
- Students must submit their school leaving certificate and pass education and qualification degrees. It is very important to have at least a high school diploma or high school diploma that must be recognized in Germany. This certificate must be accompanied by a legal translation into Germany or the English language.
- Students must submit their English proficiency test scores and German language scores and certificates not older than one year. The scorecards must be exactly in English or German.
- To be eligible to apply to the university, students must have valid health insurance that covers all types of health benefits during their stay in Germany.
- Since it is a private university, the students have to pay tuition fees. Therefore, it is very important for international students to prove their financial health and stability with the help of German escrow accounts. The German escrow account must have a minimum of € 10,332 (INR 872744.04) per year (€ 861 or INR 72739.97 per month).
Scholarships for SRH University Heidelberg
Below are some of the popular scholarships available to college students:
It is offered to the deserving students who gain admission into the undergraduate and postgraduate courses at SRH University Heidelberg. Students receive a price of € 330 (INR 27879.06) per month.
There are 50 scholarships under this program and international students are eligible from India, USA, Brazil and China.
This scholarship is applicable to students from Asia and Africa. It is given to students gaining admission into postgraduate courses. It is a significant fee waiver program depending on the merit.
Internships at SRH University Heidelberg
The SRH University Heidelberg, Germany, offers the best placement record in Germany among some of the global employers and multinational companies in the German market. Students are trained throughout the course curriculum to perform well in the placement rides hosted on campus. The Placement Cell of SRH University Heidelberg conducts a career counseling and training program in which the students are educated on their career development and how to attend job interviews.
Start your study abroad
✓ Save up to 30Lakh ✓ No IELTS Required
✓End-to-end support for Visa/Applications
Start your study abroad now.